Hooray! It's that time again!
Spring has been a long time in coming to Michigan. Quite a long time this year.
We keep getting a few warm winds, hopes soar, only to be dashed by yet another cold front.
This weekend was a perfect example!
All day lacrosse tournament.
Weather prediction, slightly overcast, mid to upper 60's.
Reality: perhaps the temperature rose to 45 degrees, cooooold blustery wind and no sun.
Not a drop.
The only "burn" anyone had to fear was wind burn.
I'll not be discouraged; balmy, sunny weather has to be right around the corner.
All thoughts here at the homestead are optimistically turned to that glorious day just over the horizon...when we open our in ground pool.
I've even caught our Lab looking at the covered pool, longingly.
Inside, where it's warm, preparations have already begun.
Beach towels at the ready,
teenager planning pool parties,
10 year old dreaming of new toys with which to torment the pool guests,
husband groaning about the maintenance,
and Mom, taking stock of the all important stores of sunscreen.
|Melansol Pure Sunscreen|
I was thrilled to be given an opportunity to test Melansol, 100 % Natural Sunscreen!
MelanSol is formulated to keep your skin safe in two ways.
It not only employs zinc oxide to reflect the sun's harmful rays but also includes natural anti-oxidants to combat the build up of free radicals on your skin from exposure to UV rays. The free radical molecules are the cause of sunburn and skin damage that leads to skin cancer.
Beyond the revolutionary inclusion of anti-oxidants,
- 100% natural ~ no chemicals of any kind
- approved by FDA and tested by dermatologists
- safe for the environment and biodegradable
- safe for children
- uses natural vitamin E
- contains no synthetic colors, scents or preservatives
- begins to protect your skin immediately, no need to apply prior to sun exposure
Does MelanSol really contain only natural ingredients?
MelanSol SPF 25 ingredients:
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 10% 1
1 ) Uncoated Mineral Pigments (no modifiers)
- Water (Aqua)
- Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Seed Oil
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil
- Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil
- Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Seed Oil
- Natural Lecithin
- Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter
- Clay Mineral (Bentonite)
- Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis) Extract
- Natural Vitamin E (Mixed d-Tocopherol)
- Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Leaf Extract
- Date (Phoenix Dactylifera) Fruit Extract
- Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil
- Lanolin Oil
- Xanthan Gum
- Geranium (Pelargonium Graveolens) Flower Oil
- Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Peel Oil
- Lavender (Lavendula Angustifolia) Flower Extract
- Natural Beeswax
- Eucalyptus Citriodora Oil
- Potassium Sorbate
- Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Powder
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
MelanSol welcomes questions from consumer's about their product and about sunscreen in general. Questions from readers may be left in the comment section of this post and will be forwarded on to a MelanSol Sunscreen expert or individually submitted at info@PureSunscreen.com.
I'm thrilled to have found a quality, safe choice for all my swimmers in MelanSol!
MelanSol is generously offering my readers a chance to win their choice of MelanSol product to protect their skin naturally! Winner may choose from 6fl oz bottles of 100% Natural Moisturizer ($16.95) or 100% Natural Sunscreen in SPF 10 ($20.95), SPF 25 ($23.95) or SPF 30 ($28.95).
This giveaway is open to all, ages 18+ and will end on Saturday, June 4th, 2011 at midnight, EST. The winner will be selected randomly from all eligible entries and notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond before I must move on to a runner up. Please leave your email address in your entry comments, in anti-spam format, if it is not available via your comment name, so I may contact you if you are the winner.
* You must follow That's What She Said via Google Friend Connect (mid right sidebar) to be eligible to enter this giveaway. For mandatory entry, visit the MelanSol website, www.puresunscreen.com, and tell me in a comment something you learned about sunscreen or skin health or MelanSol there.
If you are already following, liking, etc, please take the entries!
* "Like" MelanSol on Facebook, leave a comment here with your Facebook name, 2 entries.
* "Like" That's What She Said on Facebook and "like" the Melansol post on my wall, leave a comment here with your Facebook name, 2 entries.
* Follow MelanSol (PureSunscreen) on Twitter, leave a comment here with your Twitter name, 2 entries.
* Follow That's What She Said (tsue1136) on Twitter, leave comment here with your Twitter name, 2 entries.
* Tweet about this giveaway, please use:
Enter to #win 100% Natural MelanSol @PureSunscreen at That's What She Said! Safe for all and eco-friendly! @tsue1136 http://bit.ly/iDR0Bj
Leave comment here with your twitter name. Limit of 3 tweets per day. 1 entry per tweet.
* Share this giveaway, with a direct link here, in some other fashion. Anything goes. Blog it, post to your Facebook, Stumble, Digg, Technorati, add to giveaway linky. Leave a comment here with a link to your sharing. 3 entries per each sharing.
* Enter any of my other active giveaways and leave comment here letting me know which. 3 entries per additional giveaway.
* Subscribe to That's What She Said via email or RSS feed (mid right sidebar) and leave comment here with your applicable name and method. 2 entries per subscription.
* Tell me in a comment what your family loves to do on sunny summer days, 2 entries.
* Tell me in a comment your tips for staying safe in the sun, 2 entries.
* Have a question for the folks at MelanSol? Leave it here in a comment. 2 entries.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED. THE WINNER HAS BEEN EMAILED AND WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
ON BEHALF OF MELANSOL AND THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID, THANK YOU TO ALL ENTRANTS FOR PARTICIPATING AND FOLLOWING!
I was provided with MelanSol products to explore for the purposes of creating this feature. The giveaway prize is provided by and shipped by MelanSol. Information and images taken from various MelanSol websites. The opinions expressed above are both honest and my own.
Blue Sky image. Pool image.