I've always found summer break to provide excellent opportunities to foster learning and awareness with my children. My husband and I look for ways to incorporate learning and discussion as our family adventures outdoors. We seek reading materials and activities that are both entertaining and educational, to continue the learning process and keep their cognitive skills engaged.
We are fortunate in that our local nature center offers a fantastic summer camp program, combining fun and companionship with education and discovery, with varying themes each week. We have found it a wonderful diversion in the weeks between their sports training commitments throughout the summers.
While becoming eco-friendly is gaining increasing exposure, momentum and popularity, when my children were younger, it was significantly more challenging to find fun ways to promote stewardship and conservation. To that end, I'm pleased to introduce
By entertaining today's children with the knowledge of endangered animals, we instill in tomorrows adults a passion for prevention. The Endangerables is a character driven intellectual property created to educate kids of all ages through creative entertainment about the wonderful world of animals, specifically relating to those that are endangered, threatened, or vulnerable.
|Bucksnort III ~ Indian Rhino|
Each Endangerables character is based on, or represents a specific species that is or has been on the endangered list. With the live action/animated television show, and all of the creative licensed products, we can generate great awareness and excitement about the animal kingdom.
|Sasha ~ Baby Seal|
With colorful and entertaining characters, including Croc-A-Billy, Tiger cub Khul, baby Orangutan Milton, Miss Scarlett the Scarlet Macaw, baby Seal Sasha, Indian Rhino Bucksnort III, led by Bald Eagle Ulysses, children will be both enchanted and educated by the important Endangerables message.
Currently available via the Endangerables online store, you can purchase a special Endangerables CD, written and performed by award winning composer, Fred Bogart, as well as adorable plush characters to help you teach your children about the importance of protecting and preserving our animal friends!
|Endangerables CD ~ 9 original songs, written and performed by Fred Bogart|
***SPECIAL OFFER***As a That's What She Said reader and courtesy of SSA PR, while your child is getting deputized, you can receive a FREE DOWNLOAD of the Endangerables CD by noting that you learned about the Endangerables from SSA PR. You'll receive the free download link by email!
***GIVEAWAY***Endangerables and SSA PR are offering That's What She Said readers an opportunity to win both a hard copy of the Endangerables CD and their choice of Endangerables character plush (select from Macaw, Baby Orangutan, Baby Seal, Tiger, Indian Rhino, Bald Eagle)!
To be eligible to enter this giveaway, you must publicly follow That's What She Said via Google Friend Connect (left sidebar).
This giveaway is open to residents of US & Canada, 18+, and will end on Saturday, July 30, 2011 at midnight, EST. The winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries and notified by email. The winner must respond within 72 hours or I will have to move on to a runner up. Please leave your email address, in anti spam format, in your first entry comment if it is not available via your comment name.
***MANDATORY ENTRY***To be eligible to enter this giveaway, you must publicly follow That's What She Said via Google Friend Connect (left sidebar). For mandatory entry, please visit the Endangerables site and let me know in a comment which character your steward would love and why.
***BONUS ENTRIES***IF YOU ARE ALREADY LIKING, FOLLOWING, ETC, PLEASE TAKE THE ENTRIES!
* Tell me in a comment how you teach your children about stewardship or what your family does to support endangered and other animals. 2 entries.
* Like That's What She Said on Facebook, leave comment with Facebook name, 1 entry.
* Follow That's What She Said (tsue1136) on Twitter, leave comment here with Twitter name, 1 entry.
* Tweet about this giveaway, limit of one tweet per day, 1 entry per tweet. Leave comment here with link to your tweet.
I'm entered to #win an Endangerables CD & Plush Character at That's What She Said! #giveaway #kids #endangeredanimals http://bit.ly/pNLArM
* Enter any of my other active giveaways and leave comment here letting me know which, 2 entries per additional giveaway.
* Share this giveaway in some other fashion: blog it, post on Facebook, Stumble It, Digg It, Technorati, post to giveaway linky! Leave a comment for each sharing with a link to your sharing. Your sharing must include a direct link to this giveaway. 5 ENTRIES PER EACH SHARING! Handy share button at the bottom of this post.
* Subscribe to That's What She Said via email or RSS feed (left sidebar). Leave comment with applicable name. 1 entry for each method.
* Put my button (left sidebar) on your blog! Leave a link in your comment so I can find it. 3 entries!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED.
The winner has been emailed and will be announced soon.
On behalf of Endangerables, SSA PR and That's What She Said, thank you to all entrants for participating and following!
I received a copy of the Endangerables CD to explore for the purposes of creating this feature. The opinions above are both honest and my own. Images and information sourced from SSA PR and Endangerables site.
Facebook is not responsible for nor involved in this giveaway in any fashion.