Although my children are quite active in a variety of sports, with our crazy schedules, its often a challenge ensuring they only get healthy meals and snacks.
It's so tempting, on those days when our schedule is measured in precious minutes, to grab a quick meal to go or resort to a pre-made microwavable quick meals.
While family sit- down meals are not always possible, in our two income household, with the kids always on the go, I was excited to explore the Natural Vitality site for kids.
This site is packed full of a plethora of helpful information for parents who are concerned about doing all they can to promote their children's health! With over seven categories of articles, there is no shortage great reading and quality topics! You can peruse some of my favorites below:
- The School Lunch Revolution
- Organic Food: Cutting Through the Confusion
- How to Get Your Kids To Become Environmentalists
- An Environmental High School
- How To Avert Allergies
- Little Green Thumbs
From The Experts
- Family Diners: A Life Saver For Your Family
- Organically Raised: A Hip and Healthy Guide for Parents
- Doctor Prescribes Nutrition For Kids Health
- The Eco-Friendly Lunch Box
- Dr. Susan Rubin: Slow Food For Children's Health
This 30oz bottle provides a generous number of servings that infuse your child's diet with magnesium and 24 organic fruits and veggies!
As we know, fruits and vegetables are fundamental nutritional factors in a healthy diet. incorporates superfruits (organic pomegranate, açaí, goji and noni) and fruits (tart cherry, raspberry, strawberry, cranberry, banana, blueberry, apple, aronia berry and sweet cherry), plus vegetables and sprouts(carrot, pumpkin, pea, spinach, tomato, broccoli, broccoli sprout powder, onion sprouts, daikon radish, kale and alfalfa). We took extra care to use organic produce to ensure no pesticide, herbicide or fungicide residues, chemical fertilizers or genetically modified ingredients were included in our formula.As for myself, I was curious about why the inclusion of magnesium was important. What I discovered, is not only is preventing magnesium deficiency vital for my kids to be stress-free, but Mom and Dad will certainly benefit from attending to our magnesium needs! (We can use all the anti-stress help we can get!)
Magnesium helps your muscles and nerves function properly; it keeps your heart rhythm steady, supports a healthy immune system and also assists in keeping your bones strong. This essential mineral helps regulate blood sugar levels, promotes normal blood pressure and is required for producing and storing energy. It’s easy to see why many researchers say that no single dietary factor is as critical as magnesium.
My 10 yr old's recommended dosage was 2 tablespoons, added to either water or juice. While the Natural Calm Multi has an "organic orange splash" flavor, my son found it a bit intense and prefers it added to a glass of orange juice. I love the assurance of knowing my children's nutritional needs are being met every day, especially on those oh-so-busy days that seem to be increasing in frequency!
Natural Vitality offers healthy solutions for the whole family, like Natural Calm, winner of the 2011 Vity Awards and Organic Life Vitamins, winner of the 2011 Essentials Awards. Recommended by physicians Ashley Koff, RD., Mommy MD Guides and Dr. Carolyn Dean, MD, ND.
I feel good about recommending Natural Vitality. I applaud their efforts to educate us and provide quality, health-promoting products to help battle the tide of unhealthiness rampant in the United States. As well, I appreciate the Natural Vitality position on social responsibility and the groups the company supports.
Natural Vitality is generously offering my readers a chance to win Natural Vitality Natural Calm Multi for Kids! To be eligible to enter this giveaway, you must publicly follow That's What She Said via Google Friend Connect (left sidebar).
ONE WINNER will receive a 30oz bottle of Natural Vitality Natural Calm Multi and a copy Carolyn Dean's booklet Kid's Health, A Doctor's Guide for Parents (combined retail value $39.90). TEN RUNNER UP WINNERS will receive a sample pack of Natural Vitality Natural Calm Multi as well as the Kid's Health Guide!
This giveaway is open to residents of US, 18+ and will conclude on Saturday, August 6, 2011 at midnight, EST. The winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries and will be notified by email. The winners will be notified by email and will have 72 hours to respond before I must move on to runner ups. Please leave your email address, in anti spam format, in your first entry comment, if it is not available via your comment name.
To be eligible to enter this giveaway, you must publicly follow That's What She Said via Google Friend Connect (left sidebar).
For Mandatory Entry, please visit the NaturalVitalityKids website and tell me in a comment what you like about their offerings and why, your favorite product and why, or something you learned about nutrition or your favorite article and why.
* Like Natural Vitality Kids & That's What She Said on Facebook, leave a comment here with your Facebook name, 1 entry each.
* Like Natural Vitality &/or Natural Vitality Sports on Facebook, leave a comment here with your Facebook name, 1 entry each.
* Follow That's What She Said (tsue1136) on Twitter, leave a comment here with your Twitter name, 1 entry.
* Tweet about this giveaway. Leave a comment with a link to your tweet. Limit of one tweet per day. 1 entry per tweet. Please use:
Add Natural Vitality to your kids' daily routine & enter to #win! #healthykids
#vitamins #giveaway @tsue1136 http://bit.ly/oueyTb
* Tell me in a comment what health challenges your family faces and how you are trying to overcome them or leave your best tip for getting healthy, 1 entry
* Subscribe to That's What She Said via email or RSS feed (left sidebar), leave a comment here with your applicable name, 1 entry for each method.
* Put my button on your blog or site (left sidebar) and leave a comment here with the link so I can find it, 2 entries.
* Share this giveaway, must include a direct link back here, leave a link, as possible, to your sharing so I can find it. No limit on sharings! Blog it, post on Facebook, Stumble, Technorati, giveaway linkies, whatever you can come up with! 5 entries per sharing!
* Enter any of my other active giveaways and leave a comment letting me know which, 3 entries per additional giveaway.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED.
Grand Prize - tdean30 comment #30
Runners Up -
Jesse comment #21
Mvernox comment #10
E comment #48
Erin Cook comment #45
Lauren comment #27
Monique comment #8
Sweeter comment #33
Diane 52 comment #36
Gianna comment #50
Erika comment #42
courtesy of Random.org!
On behalf of Natural Vitality and That's What She Said, thank you to all entrants for participating and following!
I was provided Natural Vitality Natural Calm Multi to explore for the purposes of creating this feature. The opinions above are both honest and my own. Images and information sourced from various Natural Vitality materials and sites. Facebook is not responsible for nor involved in this giveaway in any fashion.