Looking for a great way to treat your pup on his birthday, special occasion or just because?
Set his tail a-waggin' with a healthy, homemade cake!
The Ultimate Pup Birthday Cake
Meat or Sweet
This recipe includes flavors your pup will love that are both safe and healthy.
Best yet, most of the ingredients you'll find in your pantry!
Meat Version ~
1 cup flour, all purpose, wheat or rice
1tsp baking soda
2 TB peanut butter
1 jar beef with vegetable baby food puree
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup cooking oil
finely diced Pup-Peroni Dog Snacks &/or Milo's Kitchen Beef Sausage Slices
1/2 cup lofat small curd cottage cheese
finely diced Pup-peroni Dog Snacks &/or Milo's Kitchen Beef Sausage Slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda
- Stir in shredded carrots
- Add peanut butter, baby food, cooking oil and egg, blending well
- fold in diced Pup-Peroni &/or Milo's kitchen treats
- turn into a greased, shallow baking dish, 8" x 6" size works well
- bake for approximately 22 minutes, until raised, slightly golden and toothpick comes out clean
- rest on wire rack until cool to the touch
- mix honey into cottage cheese in a small bowl and apply to top of cake with spoon in an even, but light layer
- top cake with diced treat crumbles
- insert Milk-Bone® biscuits to serve as candles
- serve to your birthday pup!
- use same recipe as above, however
- omit beef baby food
- increase peanut butter to 1/4 cup
- add 1 - 2 mashed ripe bananas
- add 1/8 tsp vanilla
Unfamiliar with what foods are dangerous for your four legged friend? See list of dangerous foods to avoid.
Explore our shopping trip for birthday treats and items we donated to the Capital Area Humane Society.